Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Afternoon

Steph's quilt is done, quilted, bound, labelled and named! It's name is "Spring Fling in the Great NorthEast" and I'm quite pleased with it. I did a big meander, with a lot of freehand hearts, and quilted her name into it several times. I took it to the meeting of South Jersey Longarmer as show and tell.

I always learn something at the longarmers meeting. Most of them have been doing it for awhile, are happy to share tips and stories. I know I never want to do it as a business- I hate deadlines, and if I make a mistake on a family quilt, no one knows but me.

Last night Ralph, Steph and I went out to dinner to Abondonza, which is one of our favorite places. We all brought home enough leftovers for at least 2 more meals!

Fabric report for the week:

Fabric bought this week- 0
Fabric bought this year- 0

Fabric used this week- 3 yards
Fabric used this year- 3 yards.

And the book report:
Books bought this week- 4
Books bought this year-7

Books read this week-0
Books read this year-1

Steph's decided she'd rather have shams than pillowcases. She'll use white pillowcases and the patterned shams. That will look pretty, and use more of the stash!

Things to be happy about:
It didn't snow after all!
Having Steph and Toast home for the weekend.
Steph and I are going to go to NC next weekend!

Holly

No comments: