Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Steph's Quilt



This quilt is for Steph's new apartment. I've been promising to quilt it for her since May, and I finally put it up on the HQ16 today. It's all ready to go, and hopefully I'll start the quilting tomorrow.

I also have a lot of the border fabric left, and she pulled that for pillowcases. Red floral pillowcases may be a bit much- maybe pink with red borders? For the quilting I'm thinking freehand loops and hearts- curves to soften up the straight lines of the quilt. The backing is a dark green Robyn Pandolph print, and I'll bind it in the red floral. I have to come up with a name for it.

We went back to work yesterday, and were off today for Three King's Day. I got my oil changed, went to the library to pick up the bag of books Steph requested, loaded the quilt and took a nap in the chair with the cat. Snow showers were predicted, but all we got was some rain- which is fine!

Holly

No comments: