Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

The house is quiet again. Ben and Manda are in transit from Philly to Houston, and Steph and Toast are back at their apartment. After having them all here for a week, it seems so empty here! It was so wonderful having them all home to celebrate Christmas and New Year's, but I know they all have to return to their real lives.

Heather, Ed and the kids were here for an even shorter time. Even tho we didn't see them all that often when they lived in NJ, it seems like they're so far away. So far the move seems to be good for them.

I got the sewing room pretty much changed back from it's guest room status back to sewing room. Manda put in an order for a pair of jeans to be fixed, and 4 large couch pillows, and she pulled fabric for the pillows. Steph needs the straps shortened on two tank tops, and they're marked. I have a gorgeous wallhanging that justs needs a binding, so that'll be next on the list.

I'm starting the year with a couple of Un-Finished Objects. The gingerbread Christmas-y quilt, Orange Crush, Crossed Canoes, and a paper pieced NY Beauty Wallhanging which isn't actually started. I have a paperpieced star top wallhanging done that I can't do justice to, so a longarmer is going to quilt it for me.

I also have several tops that need to be quilted on the HQ16. The most urgent is Steph's quilt for her apartment.

I have a granny square baby afghan in progress that will be donated to the home ec teacher at work. She gives them to Dooley House in Camden.

I'm not making any sweeping New Year's Resolutions, because they never get followed thru with. I have two mini resolutions- to put a counter on this blog (done- it's all the way at the bottom) and to get better and more comfortable with posting pictures to the blog and to the HGTV message boards.

Things to be happy about in 2009:
Ralph's continued good health.
Our daughters and their families, human and fuzzy.
Our Moms, brothers and sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews.
We both have stable jobs.


Holly

No comments: