Monday, July 30, 2012

Home!

We got to the hospital at about 6 a.m., and all the paperwork was done. They took me into the EP lab about 8, and the anesthesia started about 8.30. Dr. Levi had asked if I understood the procedure, and I told him vaguely, and that was all I wanted to know!


I woke up in Recovery, with my leg uncomfortable, and that took some wiggling to fix. I dozed off and on, and was returned to the same day surgery area where they fed me ginger ale, crackers, and a turkey sandwich. I ha a little of the meat, and the crackers, and the ginger ale, and woke up completely. I was discharged at 3 p.m., and we were home by 4. I had a little to eat and drink, and headed off for a nap. I barely slept an hour last night, worrying about the ablation. 


So I took a 3 hour nap, was up for a while, and now I'm headed back to bed! I see the ablation physician in six weeks, and I'm to continue the meds til then. I have two small dressings that have to stay til tomorrow. I was happy to find out that they go in thru the veins, not the arteries, so I didn't have to lay flat for 6 hours, only one hour. 


So the two big summer issues were the knee and the ablation, and they're both done! Along with the bonus tooth issue! I can concentrate on continuing to rehab the knee.


There are still family concerns- Mom has the eye surgery for the macular hole next week, and Barbara had a family medical disaster today. Seems like it's always something. 


And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: