Friday, July 20, 2012

Postop Day 23

It rained last night, finally. No thunder or lightening that I heard, but it seemed like every time I woke up, it was raining. I was up from 4-5.30 a.m. Same old, just couldn't get comfortable. Angela the PT was to come at 10, so I got up around 8.30 got dressed and had breakfast. At 9.30 I laid down to elevate the knee, which was sore. Angela called to say she was held up at a staff meeting and would be here at noon, so I took a nap. 


The knee was still sore when she got here. She suggested that it might be the weather, as I'm not the only patient complaining. Since she had been here yesterday, we didn't do all the exercises. I walked back and forth down the hall with a straight cane that she brought for me to try out. My left knee has been sore, so I used the cane in the right hand, and she said my gait was better. The surgical knee (the right) seems to be stronger than the left. 


The flexion was about the same as yesterday, about 95%. Extension was OK. She'll be back on Monday, and my assignment is to walk the length of the house til I get tired twice a day. 


The day was dreary, and after Angela left we had lunch and took naps. Even the cat slept on Ralph. Then he headed out to a Wounded Warriors thing, and I settled in to watch some TV and crochet. I've been massaging the knee trying to reduce the hypersensitivity of the skin of the knee. My right food is still swollen- it is somewhat down in the morning, but goes right up as soon as I walk around. 


I've been reading a book called Under Her Skin by Vicki Lane on the Kindle. The book is the latest of a series, and I'm enjoying it, but I get sleepy every time I read! 


John called from Florida last night while Heather and the kids were here, so they talked about dates in November. She and Ed and the kids are going to Orlando for a week, and John plans to take off a day and meet them. 


I used the cane while Angela was here, then went back to the walker- much as the walker is a pain, it's also more stable. I'll walk with the cane again tomorrow. Angela gave me the names of a couple PT places, so I looked them up online. I have to call one to see if they take my insurance- that's on Monday's To Do list.


And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: