Saturday, July 21, 2012

Postop Day 24

Today is a discouraging day. Both knees ache. Angela thought some of it might be the dampness in the air. Ralph fixed the quad cane so it's set to use in my right hand, to support the left knee. The right, or operated on knee, is the stonger one now. 


I counted the steps from my loveseat in the sewing room to the kitchen sink, and it's 63. I walked from the sewing room and back one full time, and one time using the walker. After so long of matching the cane to the right foot, it's hard to match it to the left foot. Since they both hurt, I didn't feel as steady, so I went back to the walker rather than chance a fall. 


I've done some of my exercise routine today, but not all. It's just too sore. I laid back down for an hour this morning and an hour this afternoon to elevate and ice it.


Ralph and I both didn't sleep well last night. At 2 a.m. we were in the kitchen snacking. So I've been trying to stay awake today so that I sleep better tonight. I'm going out with Steph tomorrow, which should be interesting. I'll take the walker and the cane. 


Before I had the surgery I bought all the cards I'd need this summer. Put the bag...somewhere. Can't remember where, can't find it. Ralph looked, since he did a lot of rearranging to make it easier for me, and he can't find it either. 


On the positive side, the incision looks great. No signs of infection. The foot is still stubbornly swollen. 


And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: