Saturday, July 28, 2012

Monday can't come fast enough!

I woke up at 4 a.m. in afib. The meds keep the rate down, so it wasn't real dramatic, just annoying. I hung in there til noon, then called cardiology. The on call doc said since I'm on the meds, not to do anything, and come in Monday as scheduled. That was a relief, as I sure didn't want to spend the weekend in the hospital. I'm still in hopes that it will break. 


I'm not dizzy or anything, but I've gotten nothing done all day. It's more likely to break if I'm not real active. 


Ralph just said it's thundering off in the distance, so I guess we're getting another storm. 


Angela discharged me from home PT. I can bend the knee more than 100 degrees, which is great. And I'm up to about every 7-8 hours with the tylenol, and the pain med only at bedtime. I'm sleeping better but not great. I used the cane almost all day yesterday, and only switched to the walker late last night. Today I've stuck with the walker- no use tempting fate. 


Cliffie has turned into quite the house cat. She hasn't asked to go out for over a month. She will meow to go out on the porch, and loves to lay out there and look around. She's discovered she likes a little milk from Ralph's cereal, and usually meows at him at dawn to come feed her- which he does not do. 


Steph, Dan and Toast stopped in. Toast had a haircut appt, but the place lost power, and of course did not call them to cancel. It was funny to see Toast without Whiskey. 


I'm still working my way thru the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr.


And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: