Sunday, July 22, 2012

Postop Day 25

I went on an outing today! It was the surprise bridal shower for Juliette, my nephew David's fiancee. I decided to take the walker since it was at a restaurant and I wasn't sure how much walking was involved. I was glad I did- it was a bit of a walk. I did a little walking with the cane before Steph picked me up..


Steph pushed the front passenger seat as far back as it would go, and I got in and out with no problem. There was about 20 women at the shower. Juliette showed up dressed up- she said she'd been planning to get dressed up no matter where she thought she was going, until a shower happened. Good plan- she looked really cute. David stayed long enough to hug everyone, then he bailed. 


We were at Brio Restaurant. We had a choice of soup or salad, and four entrees. And of course cake! She got a lot of nice gifts.


We left here at 11, and got home about 3.30. My right foot is still swollen- it just won't quit. So I came home, elevated, iced, and napped. I did some of my exercises first thing this morning, and I'll do some tonight. 


Tomorrow Angela comes at noon. Her plan is to have me lay down on my stomach, and bend the knee from that position. Sounds like pre-medication is in order! I finally am able to sleep on my stomach, so the knee gets some stretching that way. 


And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: