Saturday, August 4, 2012

Postop Day 38

Our power went out last night right before 11 PM. It must have been something major, because Mom's side of the main road was also out. I was just thinking of getting in the shower when the lights went out. I couldn't get to sleep, so I read by my Nook book light. The power came back on a little before 2 AM, so we had to get up and turn off lights. I decided I was still taking a shower, so it was after 3 AM when I went to bed. 


This morning Ralph decided he wanted to go to Cracker Barrel for lunch. We haven't been there in a while. I grabbed the latest Joann's Fabrics ad, since we'd be in the area. We had a nice lunch, then went to Joann's. They had flannel on sale, and I got enough to make 5 oversized receiving blankets for Joseph's baby. There was a girl orienting who was doing the cutting, and she took forever! My knee was so stiff by the time the fabric was cut- and I was the only one in line!- that I wasn't sure I'd make it to the car. Ralph went and brought the car right to the entrance for me. I came home, iced the knee, and took a nap. 


I'm not supposed to do any exercising until Monday, as part of the post-ablation orders. But my knee has been so stiff that I felt like I had to do something! My chest has felt fine, and I finally stopped coughing, so I assume everything is healing well. 


I finished the latest of the Virgin River series, and the next one won't be out for a few months. I'm working on the latest Farm Fair afghan, which gets chanced off in December. It's in two shades of blue and white, and is looking good.


I've been watching the summer series Dallas, which I DVR'd. I have one more to watch, and the season finale will be this week. It's deliciously evil! 


Thursday night we went to Frank and Charlotte's. Ralph hooked up their new computer, and they fed us dinner- a good bargain all around! And we had a nice visit with them and Charlotte's mom. 


And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: