Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Eight weeks postop!

Good grief, we're running out of summer! Only one more full week, then it's Labor Day weekend, then back to work. Staff goes back on the 4th, kids on the 6th. I have PT three times next week, then it'll get scaled back to twice a week when school starts. 

What a strange summer it's been. One long surgery/rehab/procedure/PT. No traveling, no vacation. But it's been very productive. I just got a regular straight cane from amazon, to use instead of the quad cane. The only disadvantage is that I can't just stand it up anywhere and leave it, it has to be leaned on something.

Mom Florence told Ralph that she needs a hobby, since her cat has passed. I suggested reading, and Ralph took her to the library this morning and got her some large print books. She's always liked to read. I don't see her learning a craft at this point in her life. 

It's been really nice out all week, and we've had the AC off and the windows open, which makes Cliffie very happy. She wanders on and off the porch, and on and off the window shelf in our room. Lots of things to watch and smell. 

The hummingbird feeder on the deck has been getting quite a workout. It's quite entertaining to sit at the kitchen table and watch them feed and chase others away. My neighbor was over to bring us tomatoes, and he was watching the little birds and decided he might need to get a feeder for his deck. 

Next week Steph and Dan leave for a week split between Seattle and Portland, which means that Toast and Whiskey come to visit us for the week. Whiskey's foot has been bothering him, and I'm hoping he feels better before they come to visit. I forget how high maintainence they are, until they come. 

I've been catching up on the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford. I'd read the first 10 years ago, and somehow not kept up with them. I'd forgotten what a great writer he is. Mysteries, of course. 

And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: