Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're back!

Ralph and I spent several days visiting Ed, Heather, Eddie and Julianna in their new house in NC. It's a beautiful rancher with a huge deck on the left side, off the kitchen.
We took them this Fisher Price toy. Every time Julie went under the water spray, she put her hands on top of her head.
They entertained us constantly. So cute!
Isn't this the most precious face? Heather's face with Manda's hair! It was so hard to leave them!
But we'll be back!
Eddie helped Heather make us breakfast. Ed grilled almost every night- chicken, veggies, hamburgers, hot dogs.
Julie loved the jacket I made for her, and it looks so cute on her.

When we came home, Ralph was able to fix the PC by using a program called Ghost. I love the laptop, but you can't beat the full keyboard of a PC.

I took my Janome Jem with me to NC. I made Eddie a valance for his bedroom, fixed the sleeves on a nightie for Julianna, and made Heather a sundress from the fabric that you just sew up the seam, and the top is already smocked.

One of the places we went in NC was Mary Jo's Fabric store in Gastonia, about 45 minutes from Heather's. Talk about sensory overload! I just stood there- I didn't know what direction to go in first! I could have stayed there for a week! I didn't buy too much- I forced myself to only get what I had an immediate use for. And there was a McAlistair's Deli in the same shopping center, so we went there for lunch. We'd been to the one in Houston with Manda and Ben, and the food is really good.

Another day we went to Hobby Lobby and Hancock's, two more stores we don't have in NJ. Ralph went with us, and there was a Harbor Freight right next to Hancock's! He had a nice shopping trip to the Harbor Freight.

It was a wonderful trip, and I'm eager to go back!

Holly

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

The little jacket finished up so cute. I'll have to try that for my granddaughter. Maybe even for the grandsons with blues & browns or camo. Glad you had a nice visit - seeing the grandkids (well & the kids too) just makes the world right.