Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ta Da! Presenting Malibu Breeze!

Presenting Malibu Breeze, aka Orange Crush. This was taken last night, when I had the first half of it put together. Luckily Bonnie gave good instructions, including pix, for putting it together. It's the first quilt I've done on point, and I was so afraid of messing it up!
And here it is! It's so long I had to stand on the deck for it to be full length!
Can you believe it has 1804 pieces in 82 blocks! And I haven't put borders on it yet!
I worked on steps 1 and 2 along with the quiltville group a year ago. Then it took a labor intensive week to do the rest and assemble it. So it was by no means a quick quilt. I'm so glad I went with the blue- the orange just wasn't doing it for me.

And that was the last of my UFO/WIPs! They've all moved on to being flimsies. I'm going to have to move from the Janome to the HQ and do some quilting!

Holly

3 comments:

Manda said...

That's awesome! I love the colors! It's huge!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I was right - it looks fantastic!!!

Kathleen said...

Nice job - it looks great. And I'm impressed that you have no UFO's!!!!