Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lazy Saturday

When we were in NC, Julianna helped make breakfast.
This is a lap afghan that I just finished. Every year I donate a small afghan for the Burlington County Farm Fair- my friend Barbara is very involved in the needlework part of the fair. They sell chances for a quilt, my afghan, and other handwork.
These are pictures of my quilting room. The cutting table is a drafting table that we got at a yardsale for $10! One of my best ever purchases.
The loveseat pulls out into a bed, for when we have company. The ottoman lifts up for storage of sheets. The sewing machine table was bought from a lady who was moving. It will hold two machines, and Ralph cut me plexiglas to cover the other machine opening when it's not needed. It doesn't show in the pictures, but there's a TV that can be seen from both the sewing machine and the loveseat.
My stash! The green in the upper left corner is a sheet that comes down to make my design wall.
The TV can be seen in the left corner of the picture. The bookcase holds my quilting and crocheting books and magazines. The oversized ironing board is in the right lower corner.

The room used to be Manda's room, til she graduated college and moved to Houston. I haven't gotten around to painting it- one of these years!

Ralph and I went to the diner for breakfast, and now he's outside cutting the lawn. It's nice out, in the mid 70's with a breeze. I'm totally lacking in ambition!

Holly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.