Sunday, January 31, 2021

The snow is coming!

 We could get a lot. Or maybe not. Depends on how the storm goes, but it's looking like several inches, starting later today. Ralph got out the snowblower and got it ready. 

Scotland Run does dinner for 2 to go, and we tried it last night. It was great! Hot turkey with gravy and mashed, toast to put it on, Italian wedding soup and bread, Ceaser salad,  and cinnamon buns for dessert! We saved the soup and half the salad for today, and there's enough turkey for at least one more serving. They do it Wednesday thru Saturday, and post the menus on Mondays. I just found it on Facebook and I don't know how long it's been going on. It's a bit of a hike for us, about a half hour-ish, but it was worth it. 


Yesterday morning we made a library curbside pickup run. I had 13 books requested, and 12 were in, and a storm is coming. Of course #13 got to the library after it was closed to patrons, but I'll get it next week. 


I was looking for spring shower curtains, and found a cactus one! Of course I texted the link to Heather, since Jules is crazy for cactus. 

We heard back from our doc's office, and have our Covid immunization dates! March 1 for #1, March 29 for #2. I have a running list of places I want to go after mid April, including Lenscrafters for new glasses! 

Mom and I had our ears pierced together in the early 70's. I haven't had earrings in for probably ten years, and decided I wanted to see if the holes were still open. The left one was, the right one not so much. I poked it with an earring each day, pushing it in further each day, and finally last night I was able to force it thru! Yeah, it hurt a bit, and bled a few drops, but no pain, no gain! So now I can wear earrings again, yay! 

So we're got leftover enchiladas, soup, and the turkey from last night. Tonight will be a leftover night, as we wait for the snow to come. And tomorrow is February!

No comments: