Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday afternoon

The sky is blue, the sun is shining, and it's still too cold to spend anytime outside! The little bit of snow that we got on Friday is still mostly there- it's too cold to melt it!

We're having a quiet weekend. Ralph had the septic pumped out on Friday, and he's added some chemical to the drains to make sure they're clear. We went out to Friendly's yesterday for a late lunch/early dinner, and I've been in the house since.

I got the first two season of the Big Bang Theory for Christmas, and I'm watching them. The show is simple, and so funny! I only started watching it on TV this year, so the DVD's are new to me. I'm also putting together a quilt top made mostly of Laurel Burch fabrics. The squares are sort of log cabin-y, and it's going together fast.

We have January birthdays! This week is Lou, Sam's husband. He'll be eightysomething. Later in the month is Mary Ester, and Linda, and Janet, and nephew Jim and great nephew Zachary.

I'm still working on crocheting Julianna's afghan, and reading the Coffeehouse mysteries by Cleo Coyle. Since I didn't decorate, I didn't have to un-decorate, which was nice.

And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: