Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday again

Not a lot going on this week- it's been chilly in the mornings (OK, so it's been cold- in the 30's which is totally unnecessary) and today was rainy and dreary.

Steph's news is up on her blog- she's rented a different apartment and can move in the end of May. From the pix, it looks really nice, and it's in Maple Shade, 4 miles from her work. She doesn't have to be in Philly for school that many days, and she's been paying a lot of money in bridge tolls. I'll be happy to have her back on our side of the bridge. The new one is significantly larger than the present one, and has sliders and a little patio.

I haven't done any sewing all week- just haven't felt like it. Saturday I got to an all day HQ16 event at Quilting Possibilities in Forked River, which I'm looking forward to. I'm taking my sewing machine to leave for a spa week- I've had it 5 years, and it's never been cleaned by a professional.

Tuesday would have been my grandmother Alice's birthday. She was born in 1899 and came to America from County Down, Ireland, when she was 17. She died in 1988. She was a terrific grandmother- always baking something for us. It wasn't til I was older and heard family stories that I found out she was a total bitch, and an awful mother. My uncle Ted didn't talk to her for years and years. My Dad was the "good son" who she took total advantage of. Families can be so strange- as the saying goes, you can pick your friends, but you're stuck with your relatives.

I fell off the fabric wagon, and bought some really nice spring fabric. I have in my mind a jacket I want to make for Julianna out of a sweatshirt.

And so goes the week so far!
Holly

No comments: