Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mischief Night

I guess I'm ready for Halloween, I bought candy and we have all the vehicles in the back of the yard so any enterprising soapers can't get to them without turning on all the outside lights. Last year we got zero trick or treaters- being the last house on a dead end street, and on the bottom of a little hill, I guess it's too much trouble to trick or treat us.

The time changes this weekend! Maybe we won't be getting up in the dark, at least for a little while. That's so depressing, waking up when it's not even light out and having to get up.

The Phillies won the World Series. I did my part, I watched the last 3 minutes or so of the game. When I was little we used to play baseball with about 6 kids, so you'd be pitcher, 2nd baseman, and center fielder. Made for interesting games! I find it much less fun to watch than it was to play. The guys at work were so excited, you'd think they'd participated in the game!

Steph and Toast came to see us last night- Toast stayed, and Steph went off to a World Series party, then she slept over and went to work from here. Toast is still here, and she and Ralph are napping on the couch.

It got so cold here that I bought a new electric blanket, and we used it last night. Brrr!

Holly

No comments: