Monday, October 13, 2008

An afternoon with the dentist

So the area where I had the root canal was feeling weird- not sore, just strange. I called the dentist this morning, and they had a cancellation this afternoon. So off I went, hoping it was all my imagination.

No such luck. I needed a crown on the root canal'd tooth, and the tooth next to it wasn't in good shape, so he did both. And cauterized some "diseased gum tissue". And gave me an Rx for penicillin, and told me to take advil around the clock for a couple of days. The permanent crowns will be ready in about 3 weeks.

Dental technology has come a long way! Numbing stuff to numb your cheek before they inject the novacaine. Xays that go right on a laptop. Two crowns done in an hour.

So I didn't get much sewing done. (Translation: I didn't even get into the sewing room). But at least I didn't have to take another sick day to go to the dentist.

Toast is still here. Last night Steph stayed over, and went to work from here. We'd gone to niece Sharon's for birthday cake for Charlotte, and we got home about 9 from there. I was glad Steph decided not to make the trek home last night. Tonight is her rock climbing night, so she'll pick up Toast after work tomorrow. Funny how I see so much more of my granddog than I do of the grandchildren!

And the beat goes on!

Holly

No comments: