Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've got The Ick

I actually feel a little better today- I slept most of yesterday. I'm taking mucinex, cough syrup, tylenol, and advil for my jaw. I really felt out of it most of yesterday, and stayed in my jammies all day. Finally I got up last night and did some work on Eddie's pirate coat for his costume.

This morning I got up and went to the food store, since we were out of milk, bread, iced tea mix and Fancy Feast. It's nice out- in the mid 40's, with a nice blue sky.

This week we have an inservice on Wednesday- the kids are off school. Saturday morning I have quilt class at Quilted Treasures, and Saturday night is Justin's 3rd birthday party.

I've been taping almost everything I want to watch on TV, so I can fast forward thru the commercials. I'm so sick of the political commercials- I'll be so glad when the election is over. Of course, then it'll go right into Christmas commercials.

Christmas will be stranger than usual for us this year. With Ralph and Heather working in the hospital, we tend to celebrate it at odd times, depending on who's working when. Since Manda and Ben are officially a couple, they're both going to his parents in Nebraska, then both coming here. I think the latest plan was for them to arrive the day after Christmas. Heather, Ed and the kids will have moved to NC by then, and they're coming up here, maybe the day after Christmas. So we'll all celebrate together, at some point, and being together is the important part.

Steph is staying at her apartment this weekend, which is just as well since I don't want to give her The Ick. We'll see her next weekend.

Goals for the week:
Get over The Ick
Finish the pirate coat

Holly

No comments: