Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's October!

Wow, September just zipped on by! Work is always so busy in September, and this year was no exception.

It was so nice to have Manda home for the weekend! She did the tour- Friday night at Steph's, Saturday night at Heather's, and Sunday night here. Monday I took off work to follow up with the oral surgeon, so I got to have lunch with Ralph, the girls and Julianna, then Steph and Toast took Manda to the airport. Since I'm not going to Houston for The Quilt Show this year, I won't see Manda again until Christmas.

Ralph and Eddie's party was very nice- good food, good company. We have a lot of birthdays in October- Ralph's Mom, Florence is tomorrow. And there's Charlotte and Justin in a few weeks.

I got Manda's other couch quilt up on the HQ16, then ran out of time and ambition. It's definately this weekend's project. I have groovy boards in a cloud pattern, so she picked them.

Seems like Fall has arrived! We've had a lot of rain, and it's been cool in the mornings. And it's so dark out when the alarm goes off at 0630! I really hate getting up in the dark- it just doesn't seem natural. At least it's light by the time I leave at 0710 or so.

Holly

No comments: