Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowed In!

This is the flimsy (top is together, but not quilted) that I just took off my design "wall" which is actually a sheet hanging in a closet door opening in the sewing room.
I love how the border looks striped, it's actually the way the fabric is shaded.

This is view out the back door on Friday, before the snow started.


This is the main hallway bathroom, which Ralph is remodeling. He's replacing the old green tub and toilet with new white ones.



Looking out the back door during the snowstorm.





Looking out the front door. There really is a road there under the snow!





More during. If you click and enlarge, you can see how hard it's snowing.






You can sort of see the mailbox, and the road, which was plowed twice already at this point.







Still snowing. Ralph was already at work- he left at 0300 and it took him an hour. The interstate was the worst- they hadn't plowed his side of it yet. He packed a bag, and stayed last night. The hospital gave him a private room. When he gets home tonight, he'll have to use the snowblower on the driveway so he can get the truck in.








After the storm, looking out the dining room window. The sky is blue, and you can hear the dripping of the melting snow. And we could get another foot of snow Tuesday! Good grief, we'll never get out of school!
I just finished a really good book, Deeper than the Dead, by Tami Hoag. Four ten year old on the way home from school take a shortcut thru the woods and fall over a semi-buried dead woman. It takes place in 1985, and was really good. I didn't figure out who the killer was until the police and FBI did.
All the years Ralph worked nights, I was never uneasy being home without him, but then again the kids lived home. Last night I was jittery (reading books about a serial killers when home along- not the best idea!) so I stayed up til 3 a.m. I'll be glad when he gets home today.
And the beat goes on!
Holly








1 comment:

Mimi said...

Just had to pop in and say I feel your pain. We are at the end stage of our second bathroom redo. The first one was just had a tiled shower, but the floors were rotting because of a leak. This second redo is pulling out a tub (rose...and going to white now) and that has been a bear. It is coming along nicely now though. Granite counter top is coming tomorrow and from there everything can just be put together. Only thing is that I don't think I will ever get away with telling my husband that I want to re-do another bathroom. I think he has had his fill. It's a big job, but I am grateful that he and my son and sons-in-law were able to do 90% of the work themselves. So...here's hoping alll goes well for you bathroom re-do. Oh..by the way.... that is a really fun quilt!!!!