Sunday, February 21, 2010

Melting

It feels like we're going to have snow on the ground until July4! It's been 40 and sunny every day this week, and a lot of melting is going on. But we had a lot of snow, and even after a lot of melting, there's still about a foot of snow on the ground. And the side roads are still only one lane cleared, with patches of ice.

Ralph is working on the bathroom. The floor is in, and today he replaced the vent fan, and fixed our attic fan. The new tub and surround are in the middle of the dining room, along with every tool he owns.

This week I read the new Julie Garwood "Sizzle" and the new Kay Hooper "Blood Ties". Now I've got the new Robert Crais to start. The part of our tax dollars that go to the library is the best money spent!

I downloaded two books to the Nook. One is driving me crazy. It's a four book bundle, and I can't figure out how to go between one book and the other. The page numbers and progress don't show up on screen, and it think it was bundled poorly. I have a question into the tech support group, so we'll see what they say.

I played Suzy Homemaker today, and cleaned the kitchen, made baked potatoes for lunch and lemon bars for later. I also tidied up the stack of CD's in the dining room, then ran out of ambition. I haven't been out of the house all day.

I joined an ABC swap on the HGTV quilting boards. I got the letters B and T. I bought the fabric on Friday, and washed and dried it. Then I cut 27 5.5 squares from each fabric, and bagged and labelled them. Ralph will mail them Wednesday for me. When the hostess gets everyone's squares, she'll repackage them so every swapper gets one each of all 26 letters, with #27going to the hostess. I'll get two sets, since I chose 2 letters. Everyone has to have their squares to the hostess by mid March.

Steph is going on a Vermont ski trip next weekend, which means I'm dog sitting. Of course Ralph is working the entire weekend- I swear the hospital makes his schedule to annoy me. Toast is no problem, she's spent so much time here. Whiskey has only been here for a day at a time before, so it could be interesting.

And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: