Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

We had another snow day yesterday- we only had school one day last week! The main roads are fine, but the side streets, including mine, are a mess. Idiot people who have driveways park in the street, and the plows can only make one lane. I think the boro should ticket the cars in the street.

Steph had a vacation day yesterday, so we met at Olive Garden and she bought me lunch. Soup, salad and breadsticks with alfredo sauce- it was really good. This morning Ralph is taking me to breakfast. We never go out to dinner on my birthday, because Valentine's people are out and it's crowded everywhere.

Tonight we're going to Zachary's birthday party. It was supposed to be last week, and got snowed out. It's always fun to hang out with the family. Ralph is off this weekend, and it's not snowing!

So today I'm 57. That used to sound so incredibly old! I was born on Friday the 13th, a few hours before Valentine's Day. My Mom says it's been her lucky day ever since. I started quilting the year I turned 50- it was on my bucket list, and that was the year Heather was pregnant with Eddie.

And off to the diner we go!

Holly

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are able to get some sewing time in!!