Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another snow day!

A snowstorm and Ralph is not working! How'd that happen? Progress on the hall bathroom continues. The floor went in the other day.

The old tub and surround is out.
The job involves every tool he has ever owned being spread all over the dining room.
Figuring out the next step.
More tools!
Of course Miss Millie had to see what's going on.
The tub is in, waiting for the surround.
The surround went in today! It looks great! Now it needs trim, spackle, all that good stuff. The vanity top and toilet have to be bought and installed. Luckily Ralph is the guy who can do anything!

I'm typing around Whiskey. He and Toast have come to visit til Monday, while Steph goes off to Vermont with the ski club. He's adjusted well, but is still very needy, and wants to be on a lap all the time.

It's been snowing all day, but the ground is warmer and it's not laying on the pavement. Tonight it's supposed to get colder and we could get another foot. School was closed today, and I'll be surprised if it's open tomorrow. As long as the power stays on, knock wood, we're fine.

I emailed Barnes and Noble customer service about how dissatisfied I am with the one book bundle, and put up a review of how badly it's put together. We'll see if I get any results. I love the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr, but the bundle is awful. I do love the Nook, tho.

Secret project #2 is all pieced and waiting to be quilted. Julianna's afghan is about 2/3 done. I could never make quilts for a living- I'd starve! I want to quilt when I want to quilt, not under a deadline.

I finished The First Rule by Robert Crais, which was really good. Now I'm reading another library book about a female Army sniper, but I can't remember the name, and Whiskey will be upset if I get up to go look.

And the beat goes on!

Holly

No comments: