Tuesday, July 30, 2024

The end of July

 It's our hottest month, and I'm not good in the heat. August is also hot, but a different hot. When I worked in schools, we said August is the Sunday night of the school week. Like the weekend is almost over, and back to work soon. Here in jersey schools start around Labor Day.


 I fell in like with this pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew, so I bought it. I have a bunch of fat quarters and 10 inch squares that I can use.



 So far, two Halloween table runner tops done! I want to make one for each of my girls.


 I sent this to my son in law Ben, and Manda said he's thrilled with it. I do bonus gifts, if I see something I think someone would like, I get it. Often I consult with the spouse of the person I'm considering the gift for, but sometimes I order then tell them. 

 


 Baby granny in blues done! I like to keep a bunch of baby afghans around. Steph takes one whenever one of her employees has a baby, Heather will make a raffle basket around one for the Dance Team shows, and I gave one to my wonderful housecleaner when her daughter had a baby last winter. I started another one last night, a ripple. I only work on them when I have the TV on. I'm not ready to commit to a big XS project yet.

No comments: