Friday, July 26, 2024

Evening sewing

 I usually sew in the morning, when I sew. I've been sewing this week, since I'm not ready to start another xs project. I'm also crocheting, when the TV is on, but I haven't taken a pic of that yet.


 Last night I put this one together, from another charm pack. I got the urge to sew around 7 pm. I found that the sewing room is warmer than the rest of the house- Ralph said it's the end of the AC run. 

Last year (or the year before) we flip flopped the sewing room and the guest room, AKA Steph's old room and Manda's old room. I used to sew in Manda's old room, since she moved out first. It has one window. When we decided to have the rooms painted and new carpets, it dawned on me that Steph's old room has 3 windows! It's slightly smaller, but that's OK. Manda's old room became the guest room/exercise room/ grow light room. Ralph uses it as his nap room, and when he can't sleep in our room due to his arthritis, he moves to the guest bed. 

So the sewing room has a ceiling fan with lights, but it leaves shadows. I wasn't able to thread the machine in that light. So I ordered a cool floor lamp, which will come tomorrow. I want to sew when I want to sew!

No comments: