Sunday, July 21, 2024

Sunny Sunday

 We had a few nicer days, but the heat is due to be back. It is July, after all.

I got all my floss back in their little bags and in the correct drawers, so I can find the colors when I need them. Yesterday I put my initials and the year on the Winter XS. So now all it needs is framing. 


Yesterday I spent some time in the sewing room. I made the top for another zigzag table runner. I had previously arranged the squares, so I just had to sew them together. Ralph had made me cardboard templates for the rows, so it's easy to move them from work table to machine to iron. This makes 3 tops made. Eventually I'll back and quilt them. 

I ordered some Halloween charm packs to make runners for my girls. 

I'm also getting in some reading time, and a little crochet time. I'm not ready to start another xs project just yet. 

This month our local Legion had it's breakfast fundraiser today instead of Saturday. Ralph goes and socializes, and brings me back takeout. Eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, and biscuits, and a pancake. Not bad for $10, and helps the Legion.

1 comment:

Warm Quilts said...

What a beautiful, summertime table runner. I love how the sunflowers peek out!