Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Another one!

 I have a lot of charm packs that I bought when I was making coasters. Now everyone has plenty of coasters, and the charm packs were sitting on a shelf. Then I found the zigzag pattern!


 I made this top yesterday, in about an hour. I'm doing just tops now, later I'll back and quilt them. 

It's a row of 2, then 4, then 3 rows of 5, then 4, then 2. Ralph used our amazon boxes and made me templates for each row out of the cardboard. That lets me lay out the colors, then stack the rows.

Steph had got me a set of straight pins for Xmas that have two kinds. One kind has numbers on them, and one kind has directional arrows. So I can put a number on the top of the row, and not lose my place. Both those hacks help immensely. I can sew the squares into rows, then move to the ironing board and iron them all. Then back to the sewing machine to sew the rows together. Efficient and satisfying!

I have an appointment for a dental cleaning in an hour. Ralph will go with me, and we'll stop at Aldi afterwards. We supposed to get tstorms later today.

No comments: