Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Sunday

It's a bittersweet Easter for me. April 5, 2007 was Holy Thursday, and the day my Dad died. I can't believe he's been gone for 8 years, and there are days that I don't even think of him. 

I'm grateful that we had him as long as we did, and I'm grateful that Julianna was born early so he could meet her. I'm sad that he didn't get to watch Eddie and Julie grow up, and that he didn't get to meet Amary or Joey or the new baby coming in August. 

It's a beautiful sunny day and the skies are blue. We had a wonderful day yesterday with Heather and Ed and the kids. We had ham (our free ham from Perks, and it was awesome), mashed and mashed sweet potatoes, corn, baked beans, salad, and pineapple stuffing. 3 kinds of pie for dessert! 

This morning I went to Dunkin and got a bagel for me and a donut for Ralph for breakfast. We're planning a lazy day of doing not much!

I'm reading my way thru Linda Fairstein and making chemo caps for Jean. 

Happy Easter!
Holly

No comments: