Monday, January 31, 2011

This is getting old

Tonight it's supposed to start snowing around midnight, and tomorrow they're not sure- could stay as snow, could be that awful wintery mix, or it could warm up and turn into rain- it depends on which way the storm goes.

We had snow days last Thursday and Friday. The side roads were still not good over the weekend. It's a good thing Ralph has the big pickup with 4 wheel drive, or we would really have had a problem.

So it's the last day of January. It's the birthday of my nephew Jim. Tomorrow is his grandmom Doris's birthday. Also in February is my birthday, and my nephew Nick's.

I read 9 books in January. Five were from the library, and four were on the Nook. It seems strange to read a "real" book after reading a few in a row on the Nook.

Talking to Manda and Heather over the weekend, it was 70 in Houston and 60 in NC. Kitten was looking out the window, and the kids were playing outside.

Ralph didn't have to stay with Florence today, so he did lots of errands. He was to the post office, paid our water bill, paid our taxes and took my mom's, and went and paid his mom's taxes. I stopped at Perk's on the way home to food shop, since he would be here to carry the bags in. I also stopped at the library on the way home, to pick up books for my mom. I don't think she's been out of her house since Thanksgiving.

Steph has started her second semester of grad school at St. Joe's! One night a week, and several Saturday's. Best of all, her work is picking up the entire bill! They must agree with me that it's a good investment.

And now off to sleep!
Holly

No comments: