Friday, January 21, 2011

More snow!

We're on a two hour delay for the second time this week. It's great because the staff gets to wait til after rush hour to go to work, and the kids aren't on the streets when people are driving to work. The city I work in never plows, and it's a walking district- a bad combination. And since we're there four hours, it's a day we don't have to make up in June.

I haven't been out yet, but it looks like a combo of snow and slush out there.

Yesterday was a sad anniversary- it's one year since the death of my friend Linda. It's been a rough year for her daughter Megan. Megan is 6 days older than Heather. Megan's older sister died of Reye's Syndrome in 1981. Megan said on facebook yesterday that it isn't getting less painful. "They" say the first year is the hardest, with all the firsts without the loved one. My dad died almost four years ago, and I thought the second year was as hard as the first. The pain of loss didn't start to blur on the edges til year 3. Now I go entire days without thinking of Dad, which amazes me. My brother John took and uses a lot of Dad's tools, and he said he talks to Dad everytime he uses the tools.

Manda and Ben are in NC- they arrived late last night. They'll be visiting with Heather, Ed, Eddie and Julianna until Sunday. Luckily the NC weather is holding, and no snow in their forecast.

Tomorrow we're going to a 90th birthday party for Aunt Marie, the older sister of my late father in law. It'll be Mom Florence's first big outing, other than going to doctors. Ralph took her to the hairdresser's, which was good for her spirits. She can't be left alone, because she forgets how to get up, and we're afraid she'll fall. It's a good thing Ralph is retired- he goes to Frank and Charlotte's when they have to go out and stays with her.

I finished the donation afghan for this year's farm fair, and I'm almost done a baby afghan using the last of the soft yarn. Fun Fur was on sale, so I got enough to make several scarves for next winter- I don't think I'll get them done for this year.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: