Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Look!

I'm having one of those nights/early mornings when I can't sleep, so of course I'm on the computer. I've been thinking for a while that the plain pink borders to my blog are boring, especially compared to other blogs I've seen.

Blogger made it so easy to change the look! I love it- a new look for a new year!

I spent some time on Calibre last night organizing the books I've downloaded for my Nook. Like Manda, I've put a lot of books on the Nook that I had actual copies of, which I can now pass on. Right now I'm reading The Cat, The Professor and The Poison by Leann Sweeney on the Nook. I started a library book called Holiday Affair by Lisa Plumley, but that's going back unfinished.

Today is the big moving day for Mom Florence- she goes from rehab to Frank and Charlotte's house, where Sheba will join her. Poor Mom thought yesterday was Saturday, and was all ready to be sprung from rehab. I can sympathize- I spent so much of April and May in the hospital, and it's awful. No matter how kind the staff is, no matter how many visitors you have, it gets to the point where you just want out!

Yesterday morning it snowed. Not a lot, but enough to make the side streets slippery. We had to hold the kids in the cafeteria until all the staff could get to work. Luckily the snow stopped by noon, and by dismissal the roads were fine.

Ralph and I gave each other a Keurig for Christmas, and I bought a variety of teas and coffees. I've been drinking lemon blueberry herbal tea, and it's so good! I have to order some decaf for Ralph- some of those coffees are really high caffeine!

Gas is now $2.93 a gallon! Heather said it's higher in NC, plus in NC you have to pump it yourself! I never realized how great it is to have someone pump your gas til I travelled.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: