Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I had 7 trick or treaters! All in one day! That's more than I've had in the last few years put together!
I finally got to meet Steph's friend Brad. Steph is dressed as Ralph when he was in the SeaBees. This afternoon she brought over a gold thermal shirt and a picture of Captain Kirk, and asked me to transform the shirt into a Star Trek uniform.
I did the neckline the same way I would bind a quilt, and then did the triangular area. Steph did a freehand drawing of the badge, and I cut it out of light fabric and satin stitched it on. Steph drew the star in the middle. She got gold braid, and I slit the sleeves so I could sew the braid on, then re-stitched the seam.
Not bad, if I do say so myself!
So tonight Steph and Brad are at Jay's for a Halloween/birthday party, and we're babysitting for Whiskey. Toast isn't sure she wants anything to do with him. He's a lot more active than she is- he occasionally sits and snuggles, but has also been exploring. Miss Millie wants nothing to do with him, of course.
It felt good to do some sewing. I started cutting scrap batting into 7.5 inch squares for Heather's table runner.

And so it goes!

No comments: