Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sick day

I felt so awful this morning that I called out sick, went back to bed, and slept til 1 pm! I felt much better then, but I really hate to waste a sick day on being sick. The rest of the day I read, crocheted a little, and spent too much time on the computer.

It got cold! It was in the 40's during the night, and rain all around us, but not here. At least, not yet. Ralph has been putting the yard to bed for the winter- fountain down and stored, all the lawn furniture on the porch, getting his tractor ready for winter, making up Cliffie's little house in the garage.

This weekend AAA is having a Travel Expo that I want to check out, and in the evening is Justin's 4th birthday party. It'll be nice to see everyone at the party.

I'm missing the big Houston Quilt Show this weekend. Just didn't feel like the long plane trip right now. Steph is going out to see Manda in a few weeks for a long weekend. She needs her Houston fix. Houston is a wonderful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. It's just like Central Florida, without the alligators or palm trees.

My Uncle Bill is in the hospital, with emphysema. Hopefully he will come home tomorrow, and my cousin Denise swears they're all quitting smoking. Good luck to them- it's hard to quit.

My friend Lynn is in another hospital, where she's having quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow. It's really scary how you can be fine one minute, and a train wreck the next minute.

Eddie's afghan is finished, and Julianna's is started!

And the beat goes on!

Holly

No comments: