Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, Monday

We had a bad thunderstorm yesterday, and our power was out from noon til 5! My mom's was out for hours Friday night from a storm, and Ralph's mom had some roof damage from the Friday storm.

It rained so bad Friday around 5 that we thought we'd have to cancel getting together with Cookie Swap! But it blew over, and we left 1 1/2 hours later than planned to go to Salem. Frannie and I drove down together, and had a nice visit with Carol and Sandie. I got home a little after midnight.

I can't believe it's August, and my summer vacation is half over! Staff goes back September 2, and the kids come in the day after Labor Day, and the whole cycle starts again. Six more of those cycles, including this year, and I can retire and we can head to NC!

We have August birthdays! Great-niece Tori, niece Britt, and soon to be son in law Ben were all born in August.

I'm almost done Heather's bench cushion for the bench back. Yesterday I did a few rows on Eddie's afghan. Mostly this weekend I read. I've gotten into the bad habit of napping, then staying up late reading. I'm trying to get back on a more regular schedule, but it's not easy.

Tomorrow I go back to the dentist, and we're waiting for the attorney to call to see when Sam, Lou and I go back there.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: