Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday evening

Heather, Ed and the kids are on the way up from NC! Originally, Ed was going to come up alone, get the boat which has been in his parents' yard, and go back. When Eddie heard, he wanted to come, and Heather decided she needed to come along so she can have her hair done. So they left this morning, but got stuck in accident traffic on 95 (what else is new?). When I spoke to her a few minutes ago, they were in Baltimore, with a projected arrival of 9 p.m.

So tomorrow morning we'll meet them at Ed and Jeanne's, and leave my car for Heather to use, and I'll use my mom's. Tomorrow evening we're having a birthday party for Eddie here, since he'll be in school on his birthday. That gave me an excuse to hit Target and shop!

Just not enough hours in the day! This week I've made Julianna a nightshirt and a pair of pants, and cut out an apron for Heather. Crocheted a little. I still have to pack for the Alaska cruise. Steph and my flight leaves at 0630 on Wednesday, and we meet Manda and Linda in Seattle. The cruise leaves Friday. I have a plastic box that I've been tossing things in for the trip.

I'm making a cake for the party. You bake a chocolate cake in a 9x13 pan. Cool it 15 minutes, then poke holes all over with the handle of a wooden spoon. Mix a jar of caramel topping and a can of sweetened evaporated milk, and pour if over the cake. Cool completely, then frost with cool whip. It calls for crumbled heath bars on top, but I'm using white chocolate chips instead.

Holly

No comments: