Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mid-February

This year sure is moving right along- it's week 7 or it already! It's nice out, the sky is blue, and the snow flurries last night didn't amount to anything.

Yesterday Steph and I went with DMIL Florence to an 80th birthday party for my DSIL Charlotte's Mom, Doris. It was at Kevin and Naureen's house, and Doris was really surprised. She thought she was coming to a Valentine's Day dinner. There was about 25 people there, the food was good and the company wonderful. A good time was had by all.

I haven't done any sewing since the middle of the week- I have to get to it! I bought fabric for the 3 ABC swaps I'm in on the HGTV quilting boards. I got the letter K for the gender neutral one, and ended up with kitten fabric- couldn't find any kites, kids or koalas. For the boy swap I got the letter T, and found some turtle fabric. For the girl swap I got the letter D and got come duck fabric. I have to get it washed, ironed, cut into 6.5 inch squares and mailed off. I have til April 1, so it shouldn't be a problem.

So I send 26 squares of each fabric to the hostess, with a return envelope with postage. She collects all the squares and swaps them out so that each swapper gets back 26 squares, one for each letter of the alphabet. Add some sashing, and you have an ABC quilt!

Manda and Ben had a fun trip to Austin. She was telling me that they went to a Whole Foods flagship store, which is so big that it has it's own parking garage! They got picnic foods, and had a picnic on the banks of the Colorado River before heading back to Houston.

Sunday things to be happy about:
Family, close and extended.
Friends, near and far, normal and not so normal, LOL!
A terrific library that's sort of on my way home from work.

Week 7 Fabric and book report:
Fabric purchased this week: 6.5 yards
Fabric purchased this year- 15.5 yards

Fabric used this week- 0 yards
Fabric used this year- 24 yards.

Books bought this week- 0
Books bought this year- 8

My books read this week- 1
My books read this year- 6

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: