Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's February!


This isn't a new picture- it's from when I did my sewing on the kitchen table. That's Eddie's Zoom Zoom quilt and Miss Millie, my quilt helper. She just loves fabric! And will fight me for it!

It's in the 40's today, which the news says is just a tease. The sky is blue, and Steph has a terrific weekend for skiing in Vermont. When I talked to Heather in NC yesterday, it was 50, and they were taking the kids outside to play. Manda and Ben were going to go visit their friends Chad and DeeDee, who's baby is due any second now. Manda had made them some casseroles and froze them for after baby arrives.

February- a new month! Birthdays include Nick, Mrs. Doone, and me! Ralph has a week off and is going by train to Charlotte, then bus to Houston to visit Manda. On the way back he'll stop off in Charlotte to visit Heather and Ed for a couple of days. The train to Charlotte is 8 hours- the same as driving. And the bus from there to Houston is 20 hours, again the same as driving. He's very much looking forward to it.

I had a little bit of scrambled egg, and it's staying down nicely. I'm not ready for much real food yet, but I am going to work tomorrow.

Sunday things to be happy about:
I feel so much better!
Mom was to the cardiologist, and she's still in sinus rhythym!
It's not snowing!

Holly

No comments: