Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble!

I've got sweet potatoes in one crockpot, broccoli casserole in another, cranberry sauce made, and I just took the blueberry pie out of the oven. In a half hour we'll leave to pick up my Mom and Ralph's Mom, and head over the river and thru the woods to Mike and Donna's house. Heather, Ed and the kids will be there for a while, then they'll head to Ed's parents' house for dinner.

Little Mike will be at John and Morgan's house for the holiday. Morgan has a rule that you have to have pumpkin pie for breakfast on Thanksgiving. Manda and Ben are going to a friend's house for dinner. Steph is with us.

There are usually between 20 and 25 people for dinner at Mike and Donna's. Kids, who are actually in their early 20's now, wander in and out. And everyone who walks in the door has to write in the Thanksgiving Book.

I read about the Thanksgiving Book in a magazine years ago, and we started on in 1998. It's simply a blank journal book, and you write whatever you feel like. Dad used to write Good Grub every year. Some write a sentence, some write a page. It's so much fun to go back and read what was written in previous years. When we started the book Jacob and Katie hadn't been born, and we didn't even realize that we needed babies in the family. Since then Heather and Ed have gotten married, Eddie and Julianna have been born, and my Dad and Ralph's Dad and Uncle Frank have died.

Things I'm thankful for:
My family.
Ralph's good health since his brain surgery.
My friends- some I talk to every day, some only a couple times a year, but they're all important to me.
My job- it might make me crazy some days, but all in all I love it.
My toys- the sewing machines.
My car- I love my car.
Toast, Miss Millie, and Frenzy, and Cliffie.
The internet- some days it keeps me sane!

Holly

No comments: