Sunday, November 23, 2008

Brrr!

I can't believe this weather- it feels more like January than November! I might have to get the winter coat and gloves out- it's been in the low 30's every morning for the last week. We had snow showers one day, which was pretty, but way too early.

I love the weekend, but didn't accomplish much. I tidied up the bedroom and went food shopping. Last night I couldn't get warm- I was under the electric blanket with a sweatshirt on. Finally it dawned on me to take my temp (I've only been a nurse for 20 years!) and it was 99.8. Took some ibuprofen, and felt better.

Ralph, Steph and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden, and had a nice time. I hadn't seen Steph in 3 weeks- she's been so busy with work and school. Toast is staying here, and that way Steph can come right from work on Wednesday without having to go back to NE Philly to get her.

Steph helped me join Facebook. I'm not sure how much time I'll spend on it, but all my daughters are on it, so I can check up on them!

Thanksgiving dinner is at Mike and Donna's, as always. I'm making sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole (all the "kids" love it) and cranberry sauce, and anything else that strikes my fancy. It'll be "Little" Mike's first Thanksgiving away from home, but at least he'll go to John and Morgan's, as Manda did the years she was in school in Florida. Ralph is off this year- hospital schedules sure are a pain. Heather is working that night, so they'll be there for appetizers and salad. Then she'll go home for a nap, and Ed and the kids will go to his parents.

We're having a half day on Wednesday, which is a first for this district, and I love it. And when we go back to work, it'll be December!

Things to be happy about:
Ralph, Toast and Miss Millie are dozing on the couch.
Steph lives close enough to come home almost every weekend.
A free turkey from the grocery store!
A two and a half day week, followed by four and a half days off!

Holly

No comments: