Thursday, December 30, 2021

Doors

 We've lived in this house since December 14, 1989. And I hated the front door almost from the start.



Ralph insisted on the curtain on the inside, and the door always looked like a back door, not a front door.


The storm door wasn't any more to my liking. I'm not sure why it took me 32 years to insist that the doors be replaced. In the beginning, we couldn't afford it. Then I was working and just didn't think about it. Then I was retired and didn't pay any attention to it, til one day, the doors had to go!

So we went to Home Depot, but I didn't like any of their doors enough to want to live with them. So a couple of weeks later we went to Lowe's, and I really liked these doors.




The inner door was available in several colors, but I like the red tinted. And I just love the oval glass insert! And the storm door also has a full sized screen for summer. 

The guys came yesterday, did the installation, then couldn't find the keys to the inner door. Tore the trash bag apart, looked all around, nothing. They had to go back to Lowe's and get another lock set. The one guy said that has happened before, that the keys weren't packed with the locks. If it were me, when it happened once, I'd make sure I had keys before I even left the store, but that's just me.


A little afghan kit that I had packed away, just in the mood for something quick and little.


My GoodReads stats for the year so far! I have time to maybe finish one more book. My original goal was 100, then I upped it to 150, so I passed it easily.


My handsome nephew Mike and his gorgeous wife Samantha! The sweetest couple you ever want to meet. They are so good to little Joey, they have him for days at a time. Just good people.

No comments: