Friday, December 24, 2021

A Terrible Week

 Last Saturday our neighbor Dianne died. She'd been sick for years, and her husband Dave was devoted to her and supervised an army of visiting nurses and therapists. So while it wasn't a surprise when she passed, it was still sad. 

The funeral was Thursday, December 23. What an ordeal for the family so close to Christmas. No time is good, but holiday time is supposed to be happy. My heart aches for all of them.

And Sunday was David's birthday. Frank and Charlotte got together with Sharon's family to have David's favorite dinner, chicken pot pie, and watch his favorite movie, A Muppet Christmas Carol. I hope they continue that wonderful tradition.


Snakes are done! My weather app goes out 10 days, so I finished them on Wednesday. We delivered Ben's to Frank and Charlotte today, since they will see Ben tomorrow, at Sharon's. 


A completed hat! I also made a light purple beanie, both for Julianna. I tried them on, but with my short hair, it's not a good look. 

I finished wrapping this morning. Tonight I made green gunk, AKA Watergate salad, and a Black Forest Trifle to take to Heather's tomorrow. I'll put together a green salad in the morning. 

This year has sucked in general. We've had 4 deaths- our friend Nick, my cousin Denise, David, and now Dianne. Barbara shattered her wrist, and John and Morgan both broke ankles, and Ed fractured 6 ribs. Ed just got back to work, and John is working two mornings a week and struggling to do that. 

I'll be glad to see the end of 2021.

No comments: