Thursday, April 22, 2021

This week

 We had a few nice springlike days.





So did Washington State. Manda called while the kids were having a blast on the 
splash pad. They ran around and slid for 2 hours the first day! It makes me so happy when I send something to them and they love it.

I had my routine cardiology visit, and all is well. He wants me to stay on the eliquis for now. My usual cardio, Dr. Death, is retiring, so Dr. Andrulli, who did my ablation and who I've been following up with, will keep me as a patient. Same group, same office. 





Before and after. Those roll up shades have been there probably 20 years, and it was time for them to go. The guest room/exercise room/Steph's room gets bright morning sun, so we added the room darkening waffle shades. And the new fan looks great, updated and with no cord running down the wall. Manda commented that we even provide for our guests exercise needs. Yep, we're a full service establishment! 

Steph and Dan will be here in about 2 weeks! Because we're lacking inside cats at the moment, they can stay here. It'll be great to see them! We haven't seen them since October 2019 when we did the Canada/New England cruise together. And it was a few months before that that they saw Dan's family. 

I'm up to 2 miles a day on the exercise bike! Ralph put a clip on it so we can use our iPads while on the bike, and I use the kindle app on my iPad mini to read, while I also have music going. Just the music is boring, being able to read is wonderful, and makes the time go so fast! 

I had a few more rows of this done, and the right side was not staying even. I consulted with a Facebook crochet group, and ended up pulling it out back to row 3. I'm back up to row 5, and so far so good. Nothing like frustrating yourself with something that's supposed to be relaxing. When I get it back to where it was, I'll take a day off and bring the snakes up to date. 

1 comment:

Dona said...

Looks like the kids had fun on the splash pad. We got one for our grandkids to use at our house. They are younger than your grandkids but I think they will still enjoy it this summer.