Monday, April 5, 2021

Bread!

 I did it! I made the first loaf in the new bread machine! I was really nervous, as I am the first time I use anything.



It looks lighter on top in the pic than it did in real life. It's basic white bread. The entire process takes 3 hours. There is a glass window on top of the machine, so you can watch it work, which is cool. So of course we had bread and butter for lunch.

This morning we went food shopping. It's been 3 weeks since the last visit to Shop Rite, and I was starting to run low on things, and the milk was expired. And on Mondays, military gets a 5% discount, which turned out to be $8 for us. 

I bought 4 packages of sausage links to bake and freeze in baggies of 3. I also got patties, which I also bake, and freeze one in each baggie of 3 links. Ralph didn't like the Amish Market sausage as much as the Bob Evans brand. Oven cooking and freezing works out so well for us! When I make eggs, I just take out one of the baggies, put the sausages on a plate and microwave for one minute. It feels like I save so much time. 

No comments: