Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A busy day!

 As soon as I get up, I get on the recombinant bike. If I don't do it first thing, I don't do it. I'm up to 1.3 mile, which isn't much, but it's a start. After I did the bike, I made my tea for the day, and preheated the oven. I had 4 packages of sausage links and 2 of patties to oven cook, then freeze in baggies. I do 2 links and one patty per bag, and to use, they only have to be turned onto a plate and microwaved for one minute. I ended up with enough for 20 breakfasts!

While the sausage was cooking, I cleaned up my papers basket. Sorted, trashed, shredded and recycled a bunch. Wrote several checks for the month's bills that I don't pay online. 

By the time I was all done, it was 11.45. I suggested lunch out, and Ralph wanted to go to Applebee's. We mailed the checks I wrote on the way out. On the way back, we went to Rita's! I had a coupon!


Today would be my dad's 97th birthday!

It's so hard to believe he's been dead for 14 years! In this pic, he's way younger than my brothers and I are now! He loved that boat so much. I made that flag for him for Father's Day, and he was thrilled.




I made taco casserole two nights ago. We got 2 meals out of it. It was even better the second night! All the flavors had melded nicely, like the was lasagna does.


I made French Toast with my homemade bread! So good! We ate some, and I froze some for later. 

And we have leftover Applebee's for dinner!

No comments: