Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Electrician Day

 We have the electrician coming this afternoon. For as long as we've lived here, in Steph's old room the ceiling fan has a long cord and is plugged into an outlet. And there is no wall switch to control that outlet. So we're having them run electric to the ceiling in that room and the laundry room, and replace some outlets that are not functional. Spreading our stimulus around!


There's a great Facebook page called Deals and Steals that shows Amazon sales. I get a lot of things from it. I ordered this water toy for Garrett and Amary. They should get it tomorrow.


Work in Progress Wednesday! I'm really happy with how the Apache Tears is working up. I did 5 rows yesterday! I'm using the colors that I use for the temperature afghans and temperature snakes. 

A woman that I've been online friends with for years is in the ICU with Covid. She lives in one of the stupidest states, where masks are not mandated, and she has other risks. Her niece called to tell me about the ICU. My friend had just become eligible for the shot, but hadn't gotten it yet. She's been in the ICU for over a week, which is not good. 

Another friend, who I call my third brother, also had covid. He has a history of a liver transplant, due to genetic issues, so he's compromised to begin with. He was really sick for two months, and I'm grateful he survived. 

They are the reason that I have no patience with people who won't get the shot. You don't do it just for yourself, you do it for other people. And the "no long term studies" bullshit doesn't cut it. Over 6 million people have gotten the shot, with extremely few side effects. And if something shows up in twenty years, well, we've lived that twenty years. 

My 20 year old nephew, who works in a hospital, thought he was going to refuse the shot. My brother and sister and law stopped that in it's tracks. Mike wasn't having it. 

Just get the damn shot!

No comments: