Monday, April 19, 2021

Another week begins

 It was a strange weekend. Friday night at midnight I was brushing my teeth and looked in the mirror. My right eye was full of blood on the nose side! The eye had felt like allergy eye all evening- watery, and a dull scratchy feeling. I woke Ralph up and made him look at it. My vision was fine, and I had no pain, so I went to bed.

Saturday morning I went to Urgent Care. The physician confirmed what we thought- it was a little hemorrhage of a blood vessel just under the clear surface of the eye. Because there was no pain and no visual changes, he recommended artificial tears to help the scratchy feeling. He said it will take about 2 weeks for the blood to be reabsorbed. He said the eliquis I'm on probably contributed to it. Bleeding like that can come from a big sneeze or cough. I see cardiology tomorrow, and hopefully the eliquis will be d/c'd.



I made ricotta bread in the bread maker! It's so good, so rich. It didn't rise a lot, but it was only 1.5 cups of bread flour. Ralph toasted a piece this morning, and said it was really good. Next I want to try cinnamon raisin bread.

No comments: