Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

We live in the land of the free, because of the brave.

There are a lot of Veterans in my family. Ralph's Dad, Rocco, was a Marine in WWII. Ed's Dad Ed was also a Marine, as was Sam's husband Lou. My grandfather, dad and Ralph were all Navy. My cousin George is retired Army. Jay's brother and Bonk are currently in the service and have been overseas. My friend Jean's son Jim is Navy SeaBees and has been overseas and is going again. One of our security officers at work, Mr. R. is Army Reserves.

My family has been fortunate that no one has been killed in action. One of our town's families had a 20 year old KIA early in this war. and the entire town mourned with them.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English, thank a soldier."

To al the Veterans, thank you.

Holly

No comments: