Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Ides of November

They say time goes by faster as you get older. "They" are sure right! I can't believe it's mid-November already! And dark before 5 pm!

I've been a real bum today. Got up at 0630 and felt like I had the flu- warm, nausea, ick. Went back to bed til 0930, and felt much better. Took the dog out, fed the horde, checked the computer, and went back to bed!

I've got my second load of laundry on, and Toast is lounging on the couch. I just finished Linda Howard's new book, "Ice". It was short, more of a novelet, but I enjoyed it. I just started the new JD Robb, "Kindred in Death".

Yesterday I went to a new quilt shop, Atlantic County Quilts, in Hammonton. I was very impressed. Nice large, well lit space, a good sized classroom, pleasant people working there. They promise to offer lots of classes in varying skill levels, which is good. I bought two kits there, one for a wintery tablerunner, and one for a holiday/winter wallhanging.

I finished up the stack of criss cross coasters I've been working on. Some for each of the girls, and even some for me! I managed to get into the sewing room every night this week! Having off Wednesday for Veterans Day made it so much easier to get thru the week! This week is a full week for staff- the kids have a half day Wednesday. And next week we have school Monday, Tuesday, and a half day for all on Wednesday. I truly love November!

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: