Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, Monday

Miss Millie wanted to have a quiet weekend curled up in a blanket on the floor. Toast couldn't figure out why Millie didn't want Toast to cuddle.
Steph and Whiskey came to visit. Whiskey wanted to investigate Miss Millie, and got smacked by her. She didn't want to be friendes.
Later, Toast snuggled in a blanket on the couch.
I finished Heather's table runner. It was a quilt as you go, and is reversible. This is the winter side. It's 22 x 44 inches.
Here's a closeup of the blocks on the winter side.
This is the fall side. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Here's a closeup of the blocks of the ball side. Each block finished at 7 inches square. I used the pattern from Reversible Quilts by Sharon Pederson. One of the first quilts I made, Autumn Garden for my mom, is the same pattern, but with bigger blocks. And I made a queen sized one called Winter Forest for Steph from this pattern.

It was so nice having the 4 days off! I felt like I got a lot done, including taking a car load to Goodwill, of mostly Steph's discarded but still like new clothes and shoes. And this week we're off Wednesday for Veteran's Day.

Steph pointed out that there are only 2+ weeks til Thanksgiving, and Manda and Ben are coming for that long weekend, so the whole house has to be raked out- I mean cleaned. And before it can be cleaned, it has to be decluttered. That means Ralph has to take all his tools out of the dining room and put them away! Since he has the entire basement and garage to house said tools, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Toast is still here, and Steph and Whiskey are still getting to know each other. Steph's goal is to take Toast home the week after Thanksgiving.

And the beat goes on!

Holly

No comments: